Dumbledore is literally the scum between my toes
- LEAVES A 1YO CHILD ON A DOORSTEP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT LIKE ‘OH NVM THEYLL FIND HIM IN THE MORNING LOL’
- knows good and well how the dursleys are abusing and neglecting harry and just LETS THE SITUATION CONTINUE even though we see in the fifth book that he has the power to stop it (the ‘remember my last letter’). he lets harry be LOCKED UP IN A CUPBOARD and abused for ten years both because of the ””protection”’ privet dr has for harry (don’t worry, it’s only at the cost of his emotional and mental wellbeing, it’s all good) and because he WANTS harry to fall in love with the wizarding world, like voldemort did, like snape did, because it will make him easier to manipulate
- GROOMS HARRY TO BECOME A PERSON WHO WILL WILLINGLY DIE FOR ””’THE GREATER GOOD””
- PURPOSEFULLY WITHOLDS INFORMATION FROM HARRY AND KEEPS HIM UNINFORMED SO HE’LL DO WHAT DUMBLEDORE WANTS WHEN DUMBLEDORE WANTS HIM TO DO IT
- tells harry in ootp that he kept the truth from him because HE ACCIDENTALLY ENDED UP CARING ABOUT HARRY. LIKE OH HERE’S THE KID I’VE BEEN PLANNING TO KILL AND HAVE LET LIVE A MISERABLE LOVELESS LIFE IN ORDER TO RIGHT THE WRONG OF THE OTHER BOY I FEEL LIKE I LET DOWN AND I ACCIDENTALLY REALISED HE’S A HUMAN BEING WELL FUCK
- told arabella figg she couldn’t be nice to harry when he went to her house? like what the FUCK?
- after all his lectures and ”’wisdom”’ STILL GOES AFTER THE HALLOWS HIMSELF BECAUSE HE WANTS THE POWER
- literally told harry the only reason he didn’t make him a prefect was because he didn’t want people to think he ””plays favourites”” like he didn’t last minute give gryffindor the house cup like four fuckin years in a row because of harry
- KNEW HE WAS GOING TO DIE AND DIDN’T TELL/PREPARE HARRY FOR THE EMOTIONAL DEVASTATION OF LOSING ANOTHER/HIS LAST FATHER FIGURE AND EVEN MADE HARRY WATCH HIM DIE
- locked sirius up AFTER HE HAD SPENT TWELVE YEARS IN PRISON in the house where he was ABUSED AS A CHILD AND MADE TO FEEL OUTCAST AND UNLOVED and pretty much exacerbated sirius’ arrested development and feeling of worthlessness because he’s dumbledore and dumbledore knows best
- LET SNAPE TEACH AT HOGWARTS FOR 15+ YEARS DESPITE KNOWING FULL WELL HOW HE TREATED STUDENTS JUST BECAUSE HE WANTED TO KEEP HIM CLOSE
- HE IS IN A POSITION OF POWER - ARGUABLY THE POSITION OF POWER - AND USES IT TO MANIPULATE AND EMOTIONALLY TRAUMATISE HARRY AND BATTER HIM INTO A WEAPON TO USE AGAINST VOLDEMORT AT THE COST OF HARRY’S FUCKING CHILDHOOD
and this is NEVER ADDRESSED in the books. Dumbledore is never seen as anything but a wise and noble father figure to Harry. HARRY NAMES HIS SON AFTER THIS MAN WHO MANIPULATED HIM AND LITERALLY WALKED HIM INTO THE SLAUGHTERHOUSE. FUCK dumbledore.
I completely disagree.
First of all, he doesn’t leave one year old Harry on the doorstep all night. Neither in the books nor in the movies it is shown that he leaves the Dursley’s house without knocking the door so that they can take him.
Even if he is aware of the way the Dursleys treated Harry, Dumbledore had to leave him with them in order to keep him safe from Voldemort. It was either this or Harry’s death.
He takes care of Harry and not so that he could die for ”the greater good”. Harry didn’t die! Only the horcrux in him did. Dumbledore didn’t send him to death.
He doesn’t tell Harry everything so that he can’t start a dangerous and stupid mission on his own. Moreover, he protects him from the bad news he didn’t necessary need to know.
He didn’t want to get emotionally attached with Harry because he wanted not to play favourites as a headmaster. He wanted to be impartial with him, just like any other wise teacher. The fact that he ended up loving Harry is a misfortune because of his career.
If he told Mrs. Figg to be nice with Harry, he would start enjoying the stay at her place and the Dursleys wouldn’t send there any more, and he wouldn’t be protected and supervised by Arabella.
He didn’t go out to hunt the horcruxes for the power. He did so to help Harry and the wizarding world. He did the right thing doing his best to stop Voldemort.
He gave the Gryffindoors house points because of everything they had done good to the school as well as to the humanity. Seriously, Harry stopped Voldemort so many times and you would expect Dumbledore to let the Slytherins win the house cup every year?
He couldn’t tell Harry he was going to die becouse he would have done something stupid to help him and he couldn’t keep it secret. Moreover, he didn’t want Harry to watch him die, but if he hadn’t stunned Harry, the Death Eaters would have found him.
He had to make sure Sirius stayed in his childhood house because it was the safest place for him. Anywhere else he would be found by the Ministry and sent back to Azkaban.
Even if he knew the way Snape treated students, this was the best cover for him. If Severus had been nice to the students, Voldemort and Harry and everyone else wouldn’t have believed that he was on Voldemort’s side. This was the best cover-the teacher with questionable behaviour with the students.
He needs to guide Harry and tell him what to do to defeat Voldemort. If it weren’t for him, Harry wouldn’t have known what to do to stop Voldemort. He didn’t use him as a weapon, he taught him what to do. Harry wasn’t manipullated by Dumbledore. He wanted to help, to save the Wizardin World.
As a conclusion, Dumbledore was a wise man and really a father figure to Harry. He helped him as much as he could, and everything he has done was for Harry’s best.